Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Lots of updates. Please scroll down.

BREAKING NEWS: Dr. D. James Kennedy dead at age 76

The voice of the man known as "most listened-to Presbyterian minister in the world" is now silent. Officials with Coral Ridge Ministries confirmed to OneNewsNow.com Wednesday morning that Dr. D. James Kennedy passed away at around 3 a.m.


Powerful pastor D. James Kennedy dead at 76

Conservative leader the Rev. D. James Kennedy died Wednesday morning, sources at his Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church reported today.

The pastor died "peacefully, in his sleep, at home" around 3 a.m., according to the Rev. Ronald Siegenthaler, executive minister at the 10,000-member church. By his side was Anne, his wife of five decades.


It's a strange mix of emotions to be both sad that he has left us, but also happy that he is now in the loving embrace of the Lord.

UPDATE: Reactions of others:

Please Pray for the Kennedy Family

D. James Kennedy (1930-2007)

The Passing of D. James Kennedy

Pastor D. James Kennedy has passed away

D. James Kennedy Goes Home

This one is my favorite, though:

God Bless The Kennedy Family

Last evening, the Master sent an invite to His servant, Dr. D. James Kennedy, to sup with Him.

It made me cry. Just short, sweet, and a wonderful image of Dr. Kennedy's reward for a lifetime of serving his Lord.

UPDATE 2: Memorial information (yet to be announced) can be found here: Dr. James Kennedy Memorial

Thanks to Because I Said So for that information, and also for sharing this awesome quote from Dr. Kennedy:

“Now, I know that someday I am going to come to what some people will say is the end of this life. They will probably put me in a box and roll me right down here in front of the church, and some people will gather around, and a few people will cry. But I have told them not to do that because I don’t want them to cry. I want them to begin the service with the Doxology and end with the Hallelujah chorus, because I am not going to be there, and I am not going to be dead. I will be more alive than I have ever been in my life, and I will be looking down upon you poor people who are still in the land of dying and have not yet joined me in the land of the living. And I will be alive forevermore, in greater health and vitality and joy than ever, ever, I or anyone has known before.”


UPDATE 3: The South Florida Sun-Sentinel has a guest book set up for people to leave messages about Dr. Kennedy. There are many wonderful messages from people everywhere.

UPDATE 4: Sun-Sentinel also has a very moving video about the effects of Dr. Kennedy's death upon the students who attend the Christian school he founded. How wonderful it is that he touched the lives of so many young people!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!