Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brainwashing the next generation of troop-haters (UPDATE: video added)

Disgusting!



UPDATE: Heya, fellow Michelle fans! Thanks for stopping by! And mega-thanks to Michelle for the link.

UPDATE 2: Removed due to problems at the linked blog.

UPDATE 3: The photographer, Rachel Palinkas, has asked that I remove the photo. (She asked Michelle, too.) Ms. Palinkas objections to the use of these photos can be found here (which mentions me - cool!): Portland war protest photos light a fire on the Internet. Rachel states, ""What they're doing is wrong. They're twisting my pictures and misrepresenting what happened on that day." Oh, really? So a soldier's effigy wasn't burned in front of at least one child? You portray these people as "extremists," Rachel, but what proof of that claim do you have? Hating the troops is commonplace in this country right now. Major blogs and websites like DailyKos and Democrat Underground are rife with troop-hating and it is commonplace among anti-war rallies.

UPDATE 4: There is now video available of the effigy burning:



You can clearly see the man and his daughter watching the effigy burning. A commenter (whose comment I didn't approve because of it's moonbatty rudeness) asked how I knew this man and his daughter weren't just passersby. Admittedly, I don't, but it's very doubtful that they were. I can tell you that as a parent, there's no way I would stand there and let my kids watch this disgusting event if I were just a passerby.

UPDATE 5: A polite request to Ms. Palinkas has resulted in no proof of copyright from her, so back goes the picture. If she gets around to proving her copyright claim, I'll remove it again.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Burning an American soldier in effigy is the most severe case of treason I've seen in decades. You know, you can hate the War and you can protest against it but DAMN, don't these morons at least have the sense to realize that NOT ONE soldier wants to be in the middle of a War Zone??? They hate dying as much as they hate killing to protect their own ass and the asses of the Americans who sent them into harms way in the first place...

January 05, 2010 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!